Wednesday, May 13, 2009

#31


This absolutely gorgeous piece was given to me by my good friend Anna and her family. I used to work with Anna at the UW Hospital when I was working as an RN. This gal is amazing! I swear she sent this within weeks of relocating her family halfway across the country-- I have no idea how she was so organized to do it all! I sincerely wish that Anna had not moved away as she was kind of an inspiration to me and my lack of knowledge of the Asian world as a whole. She basically grew up in Japan and married her high school sweetheart who is Chinese (she is caucasian). She has a HUGE heart for cultural diversity and actually based her master's degree on nursing diverse populations. She is a wealth of knowledge, not to mention a very fun person, and I hope to keep in close contact with her. Thank you Anna and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment